Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Goodreads Tag!


Hey everyone! How are you all today?
     Today I have for you the Goodreads book tag! Yaaay!! It's pretty much just a series of questions involving Goodreads and books. I've seen a lot of booktubers do this in the past, so I decided to give it a try.
What was the last book you marked as read?
     The last book I marked as read happens to be Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas and it was such an amazing read! I was not disappointed at all, even though I was kind of worried after hearing a booktuber say it wasn't their favorite. I do really miss Celaena and her time in the castle, but she's still such a kickass character and I love it.

What are you currently reading?
     Currently, I am reading King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard. At the time I'm writing this (6 days in advance) I'm on page 96 and it's pretty good so far. Nothing has really caught my attention yet so I've been reading it really slowly and I hate it! I loved the other two books, like Red Queen had me hooked for life, I just hope the action starts soon!

What was the last book you marked at to be read?
     The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell is the last book I marked as part of my TBR. The book comes out on July 18th (my dog's birthday) and I'm really excited for it! It involves time travel and magic and New York City.

What book do you plan on reading next?
     I should probably read The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor since it has been on my TBR for a long time now, but I kind of want to get into The Novice by Taran Matharu or Cress by Marissa Meyer.

Do you use the star rating system?
     Yes, I do, when I finish a book, I just don't really do reviews on there so much.

Are you doing a 2017 reading challenge?
     Yes! That exclamation point marks my excitement and also my disgust at myself because I had it set at 50 books, but I had to lower it to 40 because I was so behind.

Do you have a wishlist?
     Kind of, but more of like a mental wishlist that I make each time I visit the bookstore.

What book do you plan on buying next?
     I've been on the hunt for a paperback Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas, but I cannot find it. I REALLY want to continue the series, though!.

What is your favorite quote?
     I have quite a few, I kind of collect them, but here's my top three

     "You could rattle the stars. You could do anything, if you only dared. And deep down, you know it too. That's what scares you most." -Throne of Glass

     "The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand." -Hunger Games, Catching Fire

     "Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love." -Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Who are your favorite authors?
     J.K. ROWLING, Sarah J. Maas, and Rick Riordan, but most importantly, J.K. Rowling. She is my hero and I aspire to be her exactly.

Have you joined any groups on Goodreads?
     I have joined a few writing groups in the passed, but I've never interacted with them or participated in any discussions.

     If you participate in this tag let me know so I can check it out!
     Thanks for reading!
                      -Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment