Saturday, June 11, 2016

The Ultimate Book Tag

     I don't really have much to say before you read this, so I'll see you at the end!


1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
     I didn't when I was younger, but I do sometimes now 😩

2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
      J.K. Rowling because the Harry Potter series is written like she's actually sitting there telling a story, which I really like, and not many authors write their stories like that.

3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

Harry Potter, although I do love Twilight also.

  • The writing is all-around way better
  • There's so much depth in the Harry Potter world and so much history
  • Vampires and werewolves are cool, but come on, who doesn't wanna be a wizard

4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
     I carry a purse, not a book bag if that still counts. It's small so I can only fit one book in it, but I also have a pen, chapstick, lipstick, a brush/mirror, Altoids, and a mass of hair ties.

5. Do you smell your books?
     Only when no one's looking.



6. Books with or without little illustrations?
     Definitely with, but only if they're really small and not in the actual chapter. I reference Harry Potter so much, but like it's done in those books at the start of each chapter.

7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
     Well I wouldn't call Twilight a joke... I hate when people bash Twilight because it's not even that bad of a story/plot. And there's not many books I could use for this, although I hate to say it... Hush, Hush. It's not that the writing is bad, it's just there are better books. Aw I feel sad saying that.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
     Oh god, okay. So I've said before that the first time I wrote an actual book was when I was about 8-10, and it was about an online video game that I loved. Well, I've reread it since then and I'll give you the gist. Taylor Spelldreamer, a wizard, went on many adventures in the world of the video-game-that-shall-not-be-named and had a boyfriend and all that. It's the flat out nerdiest, most embarrassing thing I've ever created.

9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
     The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
     That's a tie between the Giver combined series book thing or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
     I'm sure most of you know the answer since I post stories on here and am currently writing a book.

12. When did you get into reading?
     There were several times when I really got into reading then would stop, especially when I started reading the Tinkerbell series and the Dark Hills Divide in 3rd grade, but I've been obsessively reading since about 6th grade.

13. What is your favorite classic book?
     The Great Gatsby or Peter Pan and Wendy.

14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
     Honestly, no classes were my best friend until 3rd grade when I moved to Florida. I didn't have any friends at first so I did really well in school, haha. But yeah, language arts/English and history classes have always been my best since I suck at math.

15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
     I would keep it just to put on my book stacks since I want my books to turn into towers.

16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger
Games?
     Probably the Dark Hills Divide series, even though it's middle-grade. Other than that, probably Hush, Hush. I don't know, this is so much pressure.

17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
     Well... leaving for five-months at a time, completely unannounced, and then coming back like nothing happened😊

18. What is your favorite word?
     Babbling, bumbling, band of baboons😉
     Or cacahuets which is French for peanuts

19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
     Nerd. I'm a book nerd. Honestly at one point this year, I would send the homework I did for a novel in English class to one of my friends who would forget to do the HW and then it would be passed around the class until half the class was turning the same stuff in as me every week. I saved so many people in AP Language.

20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
     I think vampires are awesome but probably fairies because Tinkerbell is me.

21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
     I don't really know, but I'm tempted to say angels because of Patch in Hush, Hush. I'm sorry so much HH and Harry Potter.

22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
     WEREWOLVES. TEAM JACOB

23. Zombies or Vampires?
     Vampires, because I wouldn't want to be a zombie, but I would want to be a vampire, so I would volunteer myself

24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
     Love triangles because odds are, I'll fall in love with both love interests and it wouldn't bother me as much if the character chose one or the other as much as not being able to choose either.

25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
     Action, definitely, because I kind of really don't like romance novels or contemporary books. Something's always gotta be killin stuff.

     I hope you enjoyed the Ultimate Book Tag, Taylor-version. I tag anyone who wants to do this (I'm too lazy to tag and link people and ugh. I have reading to do soo).
                                                                                                            -Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment