Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Re-Reable Books: Because They're That Good

     The most asked question by my mother: "Why are you reading that book again?"She asked it yesterday actually when she saw my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on the table. I've been reading all the Harry Potters as I'm their age, although I read this one when I was 10 so I cheated a little bit, but I had to read the seventh one again before I turned eighteen, obviously.
     Anyways, I reread a lot of books just because I run out of material until I buy another book, or just because I'm having withdrawals. There are also a lot of books that I want to reread and haven't gotten to, so here's my list of books that I have, or really wanted to, reread.

     In no specific order, here are the books I remember that I have reread:






The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
     I'm sorry, I talk about Harry Potter so much, haha. It's an unhealthy obsession. I'm sure most of you know why I have reread this series, and I'm also sure a majority of you have reread it several times as well.


The Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick

     Another series I've probably annoyed everyone with, especially since most people hated it. I haven't reread it in a while, so I might hate it now too. I think the real reason I liked it so much was because I fell head-over-heels in LOVE with Patch, like I dreamed about him and made a playlist for the book, and I would go through and read parts that were just about him, just oh my. Patch.


The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

     The first time I read the Great Gatsby was my freshman year at the request of one my friends, and the second time was for school my junior year, so I don't know if many people would count that but I am because I loved it both times. It's my favorite classic, and the movie is so good too. Leonardo DiCaprio makes such a good Gatsby and Toby McGuire (Spiderman) makes such a good Nick.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

     This book series is literally taking over the internet, and it's really no wonder why if you've read it. And if you haven't read it, why? It's so good and Celeana is the perfect female protagonist. It's fun to read because every time you can make new connections and see things you didn't before, as like most books.

The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson

     I bought the first three books on the kindle app, so I've only reread them once because I hate reading on electronics, but I do own the fourth book and I've read it probably three times. I first discovered this series in sixth grade and the addiction has stuck with me. Bird kids and action. It's perfect. Not to mention Fang is pretty great *wink.*


The Maze Runner by James Dashner

     I really liked the whole Maze Runner series, but I have only reread the first book, the Maze Runner. I think this one and the second ones were my favorite, but the third wasn't that much less amazing. The story is really interesting and I just like them being all sassy.

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

     This story is really unique. That's the best way I can put it. That's also why I read it a second time, because it was just not really relateable to any other books. A little orphan boy grows up in a cemetery, and is raised by a literal ghost town.


The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

     Although this book in the Percy Jackson isn't my favorite of them all, it's the only one I own because I got the rest of them from my library, so I reread it when I need some Percy Jackson but can't read the others.


The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer

     This is a novella from the Twilight series based on one of the girls from the vampire army in the third book, for anyone who doesn't know. It's really short, but it's exciting to be thrown into this army with Bree and watch as she develops. It's an interesting alternative perspective to the third book.

The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer

     Unpopular Opinion in the majority of the book world: I actually really enjoyed Twilight and the movies. Hate me. I liked the vampires and the werewolves and the love triangle. I don't like most contemporary or romance novels, but I love action books that have romance, so this was a really good alternative to a romance novel for me. Eclipse is the only book I've ever been able to convince my Mom to read, and my Dad likes the movies. We're a Twilight family.



     Here's a list of books I want to reread, but haven't gotten around to:

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

     Most people have read and reread this book and this whole series, but I've only read this one, even though I really want the rest of the series. It's such a good retelling of Cinderella, and it's different from all the other retellings.


The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

     The only mystery book I've ever read was a little kids girly book club one and I don't even remember the title because I was like eight, so I had no idea what to expect. Let me tell you, even if you did know what to expect for the ending of this book, you don't. Your conclusion is wrong. This book blew my mind and I need to read it again to make all the connections I missed the first time.

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

     I didn't really like this one as much as the first book in the Throne of Glass series, but it was still fantastic. I haven't read the rest of the series, and it's slowly killing me from the inside out, but I do want to reread this so I can remember everything for when I read the third one.


The Kill Order by James Dashner

     This is a prequel to the Maze Runner series, and it's with whole new characters. It shows the development of the Flare virus and this group of friends that tries to survive it. It's action-packed and absolutely amazing.

The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure by James Dashner

     I've reread the first book, but pretty much neglected the last two. They're both still great, it's just I think I liked the first one best. Although I do want to reread them to remember everything before the third movie comes out. (Although I think I have a while before that happens because my baby, Dylan O'Brien was severely injured on set.)


The Selection by Kiera Cass

     I flew through this book, as I said in my last post, which was all about this book. It's really cute and sweet, but there's still some tension and a little action. I want to reread it and take my time to enjoy it.

The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth

     I plan on getting a job sometime soon or in the near future and when I do, I'm buying the Divergent series with my first paycheck. I've been having withdrawals and the movies aren't as satisfying as reliving the full story, even though I deeply love the movies.

Four by Veronica Roth

     For anyone who doesn't know Four is a retelling of certain parts from the Divergent series in Four's point of view. Getting to see his side of those specific scenes that Veronica Roth chose. And it also gave a lot more background into Four's past and his father, which was really depressing but also really cool to see it play out.


     Well, there's my list of books that I believe are reread worthy and that I have reread. I hope you enjoyed! Leave a comment down below of which books you loved so much you had to reread them, I'd love to get some ideas ๐Ÿ˜Š
                                                                                                     -Taylor

6 comments:

  1. Great list of books!! Omg, please keep reading the lunar chronicles! I'm start Cress soon, I loved Cinder but my favourite is Scarlet :).

    Patty @ BookishWanderlove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Haha, I plan on it! I want to get the next book so badly! Hearing everyone talk about them makes me so jealous lol. Hope you enjoy Cress๐Ÿ˜„

      Delete
  2. Great list!!! I haven't read about half of these books but I'm getting there. Can't wait to read Harry Potter for the first time!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh!! I'm excited for you!๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ Harry Potter is the greatest story to ever exist and I hope you enjoy it!๐Ÿ’•

      Delete
  3. I've reread both Harry Potter and the maze runner series! Love them both so much, it'll never get old rereading them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They'll be books I'll probably still be reading when I'm old and will be telling my grandkids to read๐Ÿ˜‚

      Delete