1. There's a closed door. What does it look like? What's behind it? Why is it closed?
2. When people turn 18, they stop growing until they find a soul mate so they can grow old together. You've been 18 for at least 20 years...
3. Finish the story: "Where is she?"
4. Write about the first humans returning from Mars, but there isn't something "quite right" about them.
5. Create a random character then write 50-100 pieces of information about them without stopping to think about it.
6. Your TV is interrupted by a news broadcasting telling everyone to "remain calm and stay indoors..." then the power goes out before he can give any details. Then you hear sirens outside.
7. Finish the story: "I needed a different Identity."
8. On everybody's 18th birthday, they wake up with a tattoo of what their soul mate will first say o them.
9. One day you notice there's a new key on your key chain.
10. Write a story that involves a countdown, start the story with 10 and end the story at 0.
I think I'm going to try some of these... maybe all of them. I couldn't help but think up stories as I was typing this and it's slowly killing me because there are 10 different short stories playing out in my mind. If you post your stories anywhere, leave the link in the comments, or put the whole story in the comments, I'd love to read your take on these prompts.