Wednesday, August 12, 2015

To Be Read


      As I've been diving deeper into the reading and writing world, I've been learning about a lot of authors and books that people are reading that I've never even heard of before. Some of the books on this list I have heard of and read before, obviously because they're extremely famous, but others I found only weeks and ago and am dying to read.
     Because I'm going to be insanely busy when schools starts again with blogging, writing, AP classes, lacrosse, and trying to maintain my sanity, I'm not going to set a time frame I want to read these by, especially because there's a lot since I haven't done this before. However, I still want to read them all as soon as possible and maybe I'll post stuff about them as I read them.

     I'll start with the books where I've read the book(s) that came before them in a series:


Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan: I finished the Percy Jackson series in sixth grade when there was all the hype about it and I absolutely loved it. I started reading the companion series "Heroes of Olympus," but I kind of fell out of it for a while and I really want to get back into it. I'm so glad he decided to keep the series going and, although I will always love the original characters, I really like that he made new ones and a new background to the story, using the Roman Gods instead of the Greek Gods like in the Percy Jackson series.





Hollow City by Ransom Riggs: "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" was AMAZING. I was skeptical about it at first because I read that it had pictures in it and I'm not a huge fan of those kinds of books and I've never read a horror/suspense kind of book before but I'm so glad I read it. The pictures added something to the story and made it easier to visualize the characters and the events, and they don't appear too much throughout the book.






Crossed by Ally Condie: I wasn't a huge fan of the first book in the series, "Matched," but I would still like to finish the series because I liked the plot, but not so much the main character. It has the same feel as other popular books, like "Divergent" and "The Giver," and I love those kinds of books.








Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: "Cinder" was an amazing story that put a huge twist on a classic fairy tale and I loved it so I need to get the sequel. I was NOT expecting anything in this book from beginning to end. It's a futuristic take on Cinderella, which I never really imagined.








Four by Veronica Roth:  I saved this one for last because "DIVERGENT." Enough said. I hands down love the "Divergent" series with all my heart. I read all three books and cried my eyes out at the end of "Allegiant" and saw both the movies (impatiently waiting for the Allegiant movie). Four is one of my all-time favorite characters in a book and movie and I cannot wait any longer to read this book. It's physically, mentally, and emotionally impossible for me to wait.

   



These are the books I have heard of before and are pretty popular but never got around to reading:


Paper Towns by John Green: I can feel everyone's judgement through the screen. I've been wanting to read this since I first read "Looking for Alaska" a few years ago and now that it's a movie and pretty much the thing everyone talks about, I'm going to hunt down a copy and read it.








The Selection by Kiera Cass: I heard about this series a while ago and almost picked it up but for some reason I decided to get "Matched" instead and I really wish I had gotten this one instead.









Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare: When I first heard of this series I wasn't interested at all and didn't even read a synopsis or anything. For some strange, unknown reason I resented it before even reading about it. Now I seriously wish I would've read it before and want to read it SOON.








Uglies by Scott Westerfeld: The librarian at my school told my class about this series and I didn't think anything of it, but, again, I wish I had read it even though I don't know much about it. It sounds interesting and reminds me of "Starters" by Lissa Price








Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: I actually didn't know about this series before, but I know it's really popular. I don't know much about the book itself, other than the fact it sounds unbelievably amazing and awesome in every way. I need it.







Now I'll list the books I had never heard of but still eager to read. I won't comment on them because, honestly, I don't know that much about them yet:

Enders by Lissa Price
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Legend by Marie Lu
The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Delirium by Lauren Olvier
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Graceling by Kristin Cashore

     If there are any other books that you think I should read or you have your own "To Be Read" list, comment it down below! I'd love to read what books you guys like!
                                                                                                                 -Taylor

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graceling is supposed to be awesome! I haven't read it yet. I also have Uglies on my list. Just read The Selection and surprisingly I devoured it. I say surprising because I don't like shows like The Bachelor ;) And I LOVE Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns is pretty good I just get a bit tired of the same formula Green seems to be using. I liked Matched well enough but got really bored with the last book in the series.

    Have you read Shadow and Bone? The entire trilogy is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I get bored with contemporary books usually, but Looking for Alaska was pretty different so I really enjoyed that, and The Fault In Our Stars. I haven't read Shadow and Bone but I have heard a little bit about it. I debated putting it on here lol but opted not to because I don't really know anything about it.

      Delete